Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Slowing Down and Retiring

 Guest written by our friend Gladys Fuentes 

They say moving is one of the most stressful things that a person can go through in life, and I am totally on board with that statement. Long distance moves are even worse, and I am no stranger to them. My husband and I just retired and decided we wanted a simpler life. We thought it would be great to move out of the city to an area where we wouldn’t be bothered by the fast pace of city life. We were really excited about changing our lifestyle until it moving time came.

Our family had accumulated so much junk in the time that we lived in our home that I never thought we would be able to pack and move everything. Then came the issue of setting up all of the utilities. Since we were moving so far out there weren’t that many choices so I contacted the phone company and WildBlue to connect our internet service. Once we finally got moved in and settled it was such a relief.

I hope that we are happy here because I definitely don’t think that I can handle another move.

No comments: