Thursday, August 02, 2007

My journey as a newly married pinay


Whew, it took me almost a year to continue posting on this blog, what can I say, I was so busy on my last few months in Davao.

I'm already married now with my long time boyfriend Carlo and I'm here in the States with him. I arrived here last May 30 of this year and we got married June 18 of this year too. I felt so blessed to have him..my husband is my soul mate.

Being married involves thousands of emotions, and my everyday with him is always a learning experience. One thing I'm so thankful about my husband is that he is very supportive in all my decisions. It's not that he is spoiling me but its a feeling that he hears me out. My husband understands my every whim..haha -so to speak. Shifting from one country to another is not that easy. Even up to now, I am still in my adjustment period with everything - the food, the environment, the ways of life and etc.

And I can't avoid that homesickness is creeping inside me sometimes. But it doesn't stay long though, Carlo is always on the rescue. When he noticed that I've been quite, he drags me to go out to get some fresh air ( I mean warm air - I'm in New Mexico lol).

SO my journey as a newly married pinay starts from here. Thanks to all my friends who supported me all the way and thanks to the internet- it gives me company and keeps my sanity intact (taong bahay na po ako ngayon, which completely different from what I did few months ago kasi may work po ako).

No comments: